Our Vision and Aims
Our vision for the future
Pirton School is committed to offering a Primary education of the highest quality to each child. As a school at the heart of the village community, we set out to promote and nurture moral and spiritual values within a happy environment where everyone feels valued and secure.
The school seeks to provide a rich and varied curriculum that ensures that all children are challenged to achieve their best and become confident and independent learners.
Pirton School has high, individual-based expectations of all members of the school community in all aspects of their school life. We will constantly review our objectives, celebrate our achievements and will always strive to improve.
- To provide an education of the highest quality for each child.
- To provide a caring and welcoming environment where all children are happy and feel confident to develop their potential.
- To have high expectations of academic excellence whilst promoting the moral, cultural, spiritual, social and physical development of our pupils to the same standard.
- To prepare our pupils for their future education and adult life by encouraging an enthusiastic and independent approach to learning, the development of social skills anda positive self-image.
- To foster our successful partnership with parents, carers and the wider community to promote the aims of the school.
Fundamental British Values at Pirton School
In November 2014, the Department for Education produced guidance for schools on actively promoting Fundamental British values. These British values are defined as:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths
At Pirton School, these values are promoted through the opportunities we provide for children to develop their full potential in their spiritual, moral, social and cultural education. We also ensure that these values are met through our creative curriculum and by actively challenging opinions or behaviours in school that are contrary to fundamental British values. For more information please download the following document: